Using SpeedQuizzing without the recommended Hub/Router should only be for evaluation purposes and not for professional use!
Download and install the free software and app
- Install the free SpeedQuizzing Quiz Hosting Software onto your laptop download here.
- Download and install the free SpeedQuizzing Virtual Buzzer app onto at least one smart device (Apple or Android smartphone or tablet).
Ensure the host computer and smart device(s) are all connected to the same WiFi network.
- Connect the host computer to a WiFi network.
- Connect the smart device(s) to the same network.
Launch the SpeedQuizzing Software.
Connect Smart Device(s) to Laptop
- Now open the app on a smart device and enter a team name.
- Press the Connect button in the app. The team name should appear in the teams list on the left hand side of the host software.
- If the app won’t connect and the computer and the smart device are definitely on the same Network, then a Windows Firewall or Anti-Virus software Firewall (or sometimes both) are blocking the connection. SpeedQuizzing needs to be allowed through these private and public Firewalls on the Laptop. In addition to this, some smartphones require ‘Mobile Data‘ to be switched off in the phone’s settings.
- Once connected, the team name from the app will appear in the Teams list on the left hand side of the laptop screen. The handset will automatically display a list of Buzzer ID sounds.
- The Buzzer ID sounds are an integral part of SpeedQuizzing. However, if you are unable to amplify the audio output from the laptop at your event, then you can find out how to disable this feature here.
- Once you have some team names in your Teams List, you are ready to proceed onto how to host a Keypad Game.