SpeedQuizzing is an interactive quiz game hosted from a laptop computer and played on smartphones and tablets.
Note: Only one smart device is required per quiz team.
Players take part in the same way they would a pen and paper quiz, but instead of pens and paper, each team uses a free app on their smart device, with the presenter reading questions from a laptop computer.
How is SpeedQuizzing the same as a traditional pub quiz?
- A Presenter uses a microphone to read the questions.
- Quiz teams sit around tables answering questions.
- In addition to the professionally written quiz questions which we provide, hosts can optionally create their own additional content which can be loaded into the SpeedQuizzing hosting software.
Note: (Extra rounds are easy to make and can include picture questions as well as music questions using your own personal MP3s).
How is SpeedQuizzing different to a traditional pub quiz?
- Rather than having an unspecified amount of time to decide on an answer, teams are given a time-limit during which they input an answer using the keypad on their smart device screen. This gives players considerably less time to attempt to cheat!
- Answers are submitted by a single tap on the device screen, i.e. first letter of the answer, or multiple-choice (A.B.C.D etc).
- The answer is revealed after each question, rather than all together at the end of a round or the entire quiz.
- Scoring is taken care of automatically by the laptop, with the leader-board being accessible throughout the event.
- SpeedQuizzing uses sound effects which can be amplified through a sound system to create an upbeat lively atmosphere, more in keeping with a TV gameshow than a pen and paper quiz.
Who Presents it?
Our network of freelance SpeedQuizzing presenters is expanding all the time, so why not enquire to see who we can hook you up with in your area to come and host your event/s for you. Alternatively, read on to learn how to host SpeedQuizzing yourself.