To host a one-off SpeedQuizzing event yourself you will need to buy a minimum of one SpeedQuizzing Activation and the SpeedQuizzing Pocket Hub router.
Unless you’d prefer to just try the demo version in which case just click here.
What will I need?
- Laptop computer.
- SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub (and ethernet cable). The less expensive Pocket-Hub can now be returned within two weeks of purchase for a refund)
- Sound system to amplify your voice and the audio output from the laptop.
- Method of making payment using PayPal
What do I need to do?
Prior to your event…
- Order your SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub/Router (buy one here)
- Create a free SpeedQuizzing user account
- Click the link in your account verification email (please contact us if you can’t find this email).
- Download the software (free) onto your PC or Mac Download here.
- Read the relevant help docs on how to host the quiz games here.
- Check that you can successfully connect handsets using this Quick Start Guide and familiarise yourself with how to test the Buzzer ID Sounds here. +Find out how to optionally upgrade the buzzer ID sounds here.
- Familiarise yourself with the games, hosting quizzes for friends/family (free to host with up to four teams). This is possible using your home WiFi prior to taking delivery of the recommended Hub.
- Pay for Speedquizzing Activations (1 minimum but savings can be made by purchasing multiple activations in bulk).
- Authorise SpeedQuizzing on your laptop and book an Activation Date. (Find out how here).
- Promote your event using the resources here if you wish.
- Plan your event, layout of the room, sound system and optional Live Screen etc.
On the big day prior to players arriving…
- Install your Activation using Easy Activate in the SpeedQuizzing software, enabling the software to connect up to 32 handsets.
- Load and read through the included three rounds of quiz questions.
- Set up centrally in the venue and check everything is working (router, sound system etc).
Once players have arrived…
- Explain how to download the free SpeedQuizzing Virtual Buzzer app onto their smart devices using their mobile data or the venue’s Internet connection.
- Once they’ve downloaded the app get them to join the Quiz Hub network, open the app, enter a team name and hit connect.
All figures are exclusive of VAT which will be added.