There are two approaches to consider when using SpeedQuizzing at a one-off private event. These are the on your own way or the supported way. Study both options, using the links below.
Unless you’d prefer to just try the demo version in which case just click here.
- On your own - For just £21 (GDP) per event.
- Supported – £129 (GDP) for our fully supported package (UK only).
On you own
Teach yourself how to use SpeedQuizzing using the available documents and then use it at your event for just £21(GDP).
What will I need?
- Laptop computer.
- SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub (and ethernet cable).
- Sound system to amplify your voice and the audio output from the laptop.
- Method of making payment using PayPal
What do I need to do?
Prior to your event…
- Order your SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub/Router (Recommended) (buy one here)
- Create a free SpeedQuizzing user account
- Click the link in your account verification email (please contact us if you can’t find this email).
- Download the software (free) onto your PC or Mac Download here.
- Read the relevant help docs on how to host the quiz games here.
- Check that you can successfully connect handsets using this Quick Start Guide and familiarise yourself with how to test the Buzzer ID Sounds here. +Find out how to optionally upgrade the buzzer ID sounds here.
- Familiarise yourself with the games, hosting quizzes for friends/family (free to host with up to four teams). This is possible using your home WiFi prior to taking delivery of the recommended Hub.
- Buy SpeedQuizzing credits (3 required per event).
- Make a decision on whether to write your own quiz questions or include a SpeedQuizzing Quizpack with your Activation.
- Authorise SpeedQuizzing on your laptop and book an Activation for your the date required, with or without a Quizpack. (Find out how here).
- Promote your event using the resources here if you wish.
- Plan your event, layout of the room, sound system and optional Live Screen etc.
On the big day prior to players arriving…
- Install your Activation using Easy Activate in the SpeedQuizzing software, enabling the software to connect up to 32 handsets.
- Load and read through the included three rounds of quiz questions (if included in activation).
- Set up centrally in the venue and check everything is working (router, sound system etc).
Once players have arrived…
- Explain how to download the free SpeedQuizzing Virtual Buzzer app onto their smart devices using their mobile data or the venue’s Internet connection.
- Once they’ve downloaded the app get them to join the Quiz Hub network, open the app, enter a team name and hit connect.
Please note that this option does not include any technical support (phone support will be charged at £1 per minute and any technical email enquiries for one-off events will be directed towards the FAQs and tutorials on the SpeedQuizzing website).
We recommend a “One-off Event, Supported Package” £129 (GDP). + refundable £70 deposit for the Hub/Router. =£199
This package includes…
- SpeedQuizzing recommended Hub/Router hire. (Refundable £70 deposit included in £199)
- Option to keep Hub/Router for future events. (forfeit £70 deposit)
- Unlimited email and phone support.
- One 24 hour software activation for the date of your event.
- Backup activation for 2nd computer.
- Bonus activation giving you the option to test the system with more than 4 handsets prior to your event.
- Unique 60-question general knowledge Quizpack (optional)
- Bonus practice 60 question Quizpack (optional)
- Access to additional optional-tablet hire. (Up to 32 x Samsung 7” tablets with the SpeedQuizzing app pre-installed).
All figures are exclusive of VAT which will be added.