By simply following each step on the lists below, you will be ready to host your first SpeedQuizzing event in no time.
However if you’d prefer to just try the demo version click here.
What will I need?
- Laptop computer.
- SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub (and ethernet cable).
- Enthusiastic Quiz Host.
- Sound system to amplify the host’s voice and the audio output from the laptop. (Microphone, Mixing desk, Speakers etc)
- Method of making payment using PayPal
What do I need to do?
Prior to your first event…
- Order your SpeedQuizzing Wireless Hub (buy one here).
- Create a free SpeedQuizzing user account.
- Click the link in your activation email (please contact us if you can’t find this email).
- Buy SpeedQuizzing credits (3 required per event, however, buying 12 or more credits entitles you to free phone support).
- Download the software (free) onto your PC or Mac Download here.
- Authorise SpeedQuizzing on your laptop and book an Activation. (Find out how here).
- Promote your event using the resources here.
- Read the relevant help docs on how to host the quiz games here.
- Plan your event, layout of the room, sound system and optional Live Screen.
- Connect your Wireless hub following the included printed instructions.
- Check that you can successfully connect handsets using this Quick Start Guide and familiarise yourself with how to test the Buzzer ID Sounds here. +Find out how to optionally upgrade the buzzer ID sounds here.
- Have a practice-run with friends/family/staff using the included demo questions (free to host with up to four teams).
On the big day prior to the event…
- Install your booked Activation using Easy Activate in the SpeedQuizzing software, enabling the software to connect up to 32 handsets.
- Load and read through the included three rounds of quiz questions.
- Set up centrally in the venue and check everything is working (router, sound system etc).
Once your guests have arrived…
- Explain how to download the free SpeedQuizzing Virtual Buzzer app onto their smart devices using their mobile 3G/4G data or the venue’s Internet connection.
- Once they’ve downloaded the app tell them to join the Quiz Hub network, open the app, enter a team name and hit Connect.
Check out our Tent card / Table Talkers here to make it easier to promote and explain the quiz to customers.